We believe God wants three things for your life. First, He wants you to BELONG. Connect to a faith community. Join with others in worship. Plug into a small group. Second He wants you to BELIEVE. Accept Him into your heart and life. Enter into a relationship with Christ that is nurtured through prayer and scripture. Third He wants you to BECOME. Don’t stop with Belonging or Believing. Enter into the lifelong journey of Becoming who Jesus wants you to be. Grow as a follower. Serve others in the name of Jesus. Live a holy life before God. First is a place for you to BELONG, BELIEVE, and BECOME. In that order. This is what it means to be a disciple of Jesus.
The first step is BELONG.
- It doesn’t matter where you come from or what you’ve done.
- It doesn’t even matter what you believe.
- Our arms are open for you.
- We want you to BELONG.
- Be a part of worship. Connect to a small group. We are not a closed community. We have a place for you here.
The second step is BELIEVE.
- We want you to know Jesus personally.
- Enter into a relationship with Him that is nurtured by prayer and scripture.
- Begin the lifelong journey of knowing Jesus and following Him.
The third step is BECOME. It is not enough to BELONG and BELIEVE. Don’t stop there.
- BECOME who Jesus wants you to be.
- BECOME fully devoted.
- BECOME a steward of your resources.
- BECOME holy.
- BECOME a servant to others.
Our church is a place for you to BELONG, BELIEVE, and BECOME. In that order. This is what it means to be a disciple of Jesus.
The Church of the Nazarene is a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. Organized in 1908, the Church is now home to more than 1.8 million members worshiping in almost 23,000 local congregations in 155 world areas.
Nazarenes are passionate about making a difference in the world by taking the good news of Jesus Christ to people everywhere. Today there are over 700 missionaries serving around the world. Each week, Nazarenes worship in more than 212 languages or tribal languages. The church operates 64 medical clinics and hospitals worldwide. This
missionary enterprise is made possible by the contributions of the global Nazarene family. Nazarenes also engage in starting new churches and congregations by praying, giving, and supporting worldwide volunteers and contracted missionaries.
The Church of the Nazarene believes in its mandate is to “go into all the world.” Paducah First is thrilled to be a part of this great work around the world.
The local church is a part of a larger fellowship of believers, the Church of the Nazarene, which holds that the following brief statements of belief to sufficient for true Christian experience:
- We believe in one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that human beings are born with a fallen nature, and are, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
The Church of the Nazarene has its roots in a revival which occurred toward the close of the 19th century. The emphasis of this revival was on the power of God’s grace to deliver believers from the dominion of sin. The local congregation was organized in 1942. For many years the congregation worshiped on Adams Street. We are excited about our future and the vision to serve God and others in harmony, hope, and love.